Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SOOO Many Thanks!!

What an overwhelming response when a baby is in need of a soft, safe place to sleep. I know there were many generous offers and every single one was so very appreciated. Some of Kristen's wonderful family members are getting a crib for baby Eliza.

We have such a giving and kind community and we want to thank you all for caring about the Baumgarten family and finding your own ways to show it.

I was thinking about baby Eliza and the fact that many people have asked what they can do or what the Baumgarten family needs. I, myself, have a baby and it donned on me. One thing is for sure, they will be needing diapers and the usual baby supplies.

One of my favorite gifts I received when I had my baby was a "diaper cake" - sound crazy??!?!? It is! But they are also so cute!! And I'm pretty sure it was made up of diapers that Sha's baby had grown too big to use - even better! So this may sound odd to anyone who is out of the 10 diapers-to-change-a-day phase of life but to those of you who are right there with me maybe you have some diapers that weren't used and will no longer fit your little tyke. If so, you could try your hand at a diaper cake for baby Eliza ;) Of course, there is no need to make a show of it; after all it will just end up with poop in it. So if you have wanted to know what might help, here is a simple suggestion; maybe some diapers. :)

p.s. I think it has been a little confusing that many of the posts on here are from a Kristin B. I am Kristin Baldwin not to be confused with Kristen Baumgarten. While the blog would greatly benefit from her writing skills versus mine, the requests for help, like this one about diapers, are actually coming from KristIn, not KristEn. Hopefully you'll hear from KristEn plenty too with updates on how things are going. Also, I will add that I know Kristen greatly appreciates everyone for their love and support. Thanks everyone and sorry for the confusion!

1 comment:

Devin and Elisa said...

I thought about making one! It's not hard at all and they make a great decoration! If anyone wants help or if you want me to make one, I'd be happy to do it!