Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Many thanks!!

Kristin (the friend) here. I've had lots of people tell me they had a great time at the Creative Trends fundraiser last Monday and say "thanks" to me which is absolutely misdirected. The only thing I contributed was sharing the information on facebook and on this blog. The THANKS goes to many people but most of all Lindsey Hackford, her mother, grandmother and family for countless hours planning and executing the raffle, bake sale, cutathon, and getting the word out to make the fundraiser a success. I know a little bit about the work that goes into something like this so THANK YOU!!

The ladies at Creative Trends also put in hours of energy, support in planning, and giving hair cuts all day on Monday.
Max and the crew at BBQ'd for the DELICIOUS pulled pork sandwiches, chips, and drinks. Many local businesses and community members donated amazing items for the raffle and the list goes on. I am not surprised at the generousity of all these people because that is simply the kind of people that they are. I AM amazed however at their humility and insistance that it was no big deal and not a sacrifice even though I know many hours were given. I am thankful for these many examples of service and Christlike love who insist that any time, energy, or donation is a privelage to give. This is all about showing the Baumgarten family love and support. Thank you to everyone who has offered that in any way.

To finish up I wanted to include this message from Kristen Baumgarten's parents:

"Thank you again to all who contributed or in any way had anything to do with the "Cut a Thon" and all of the other fund raisers. Thankyou!!! And may God bless you always with what each of you need for your Christlike efforts on behalf of our kids. YOu are in our prayers! Prayers of gratitude! (SEems we say prayers of gratitude a lot.... It feels good!)thank you..... Bill and Laurie Kremin"

No comments: