Friday, May 13, 2011

A little help to stop any confusion in its tracks

Kristin "the friend" Baldwin here. :) The simularity between my name and Kristen Baumgartens name has caused some confusion. I've been the author of every single post about fundraisers on this blog. (Link HERE to a post I wrote about approaching Josh and Kristen about fundraising in the beginning.) Because my name is also Kristin and my last name starts with a B there have been some readers who assumed or thought Kristen and Josh were posting about fundraisers. Not the case, ever. It has always been me posting but I'd like to do something to alleviate confusion so I need your help. What variation of my name could I use that would be perfectly clear? I would post a picture but I've had so many people comment that I look like Kristen or actually think that I am Kristen Baumgarten that that may be a lost cause as well not to mention I don't have any current pictures of myself really....oh wait I do! I'll add it to this post just for kicks. Flashing my face around isn't my idea of fun but anything to stop the madness! I don't think we, Kristen and I, look enough alike to be mistaken as sisters or especially as each other but I swear it has happened more times than I can remember! Also, isn't my little girl adorable?!?

Anyway, for the first time in my life I am wishing I had a middle name to go by! Anyone want to dub me a special nickname for when I post to this blog that NOONE could be confused by?? Seriously. Give me some ideas and I'll start going by it when posting on here. I don't really have any nicknames set in place unless you count Porky(which traumatized me for life as a 6th grader), Montana(simply because that is where I am from), and Scof(a short version of my maiden name). Any better ideas?? I'd rather not have to relive my adolecence but I wouldn't fault anyone for taking advantage of the easy Porky jab. Just know I've been doing pushups and will gladly use my new superhuman strength to retaliate. ;)

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Baldy? No... no good. Ummm... Sexy Cute Girl? Well... they might still get that confused with Kristen too. ;) How about Kristin (the friend)? Maybe that little qualifier in your username might reduce confusion.

Whatever you do, know that I love both of you. :)

Kristi said...

This is so crazy to me that all of this is happening. Who in their right minds would try to hurt someone already suffering through so much. I can always tell who is posting simply by the I or E in your names. But for the sake of playing along what if you posted as Kay Baldwin? I know not very original. Good luck.

Kassi Luck said...

That is a hard one. I guess I just looked at how the name was spelled. Cause isnt your with an I and Kristen's with an E?? Anyway, I will be thinking. You could just put THE K FRIEND or you could just put Baldwin? I will try to think of any more.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

In my mind I have started calling you Kristin S and Kristen K-maiden names.

MindySue said...

I think you might want to just start going by "Baldwin". It sounds boyish, but it might help eliminate the confusion.

Either that or a post in the upper sidebar that says something like...

KristIn - The Friend
KristEn - A Lovely Gal who just happens to have MS.

I hope this helps!

MindySue said...

Or you could just go by "The Friend". It would make you like a friendly neighborhood superhero!

Unknown said...

in college, there was another girl named Breanna, and she lived there first.. so everyone in the apartment complex called me "The Other Breanna".. you could be "The Other Kristin" still not very creative, but it's an idea :)

Kim Zuch said...

I thought it was easy enough looking at how the name was spelled...you guys are doing amazing work!