Sunday, January 2, 2011

Held

This song was posted for me on Facebook by a sweet friend who I have had the privilege of knowing for about 23 years. I can't help but think of our own circumstances. And then of those whom we have met since Josh's diagnosis last year. I was heartbroken to learn that a woman who I looked to as our beacon of hope passed away, and I can't stop thinking about the family who is aching for her now. I can't stop thinking about another couple, (who are the same age as Josh and I) struggling with the same disease and yet who are coping so well, and teaching us.  I can't stop thinking about my friend who I talk to EVERY day who lost her husband about 18 months ago and how she has taught me so much. How strong she is.  How sometimes praying feels ambiguous, but that someone REALLY hears.  How sometimes life seems so unfair, but yet we are all being held in His hands.

3 comments:

Jared said...

Thanks Kristen. It's a beautiful song.

Kassi Luck said...

Love the song. Thanks for sharing.

Mark and Colette said...

You are a beacon to many and NEVER forget that!You are handling this with grace and beauty. Trust God!He has you in his hands!!OXOX